A clogged drain can range from being mildly annoying to dangerous if it’s left unchecked. While various reasons drains clog, our experts have the tools to restore your pipes and drains to ‘like-new’ condition. Contact Canyon Plumbing & Heating the next time you need a trusted drain cleaning company.
Don’t let an unseen water leak damage your home or property! Contact us about our water leak detection service ASAP.
When to Call a Plumber for Drain Cleaning Services
Your home can become messy quickly if the drains can’t effectively remove wastewater. Whether it’s dirty water backing up into the house, or the growth of bacteria, you shouldn’t ignore clogged or slow drains. And, while it’s tempting to fix it yourself with a plunger or chemical cleaning agent, those items don’t always work and can damage some kinds of pipes. For safe, effective drain cleaning, it’s best to call a professional. Hiring a professional for clogged drain repair provides you with the following benefits:
- Experience: Unless you have plumbing experience, you might do more harm than good if you try and fix a clogged drain yourself. When you hire a pro, you can trust that they have the experience and education to do the job right and protect your plumbing in the process.
- Thoroughness: An expert plumber can better detect where in the system the blockage is, which makes the repair more effective than using a plunger that can push debris deeper in. Also, expert plumbers often find other potential problems during repairs, allowing you to fix them now before they evolve into major headaches.
- Speed: Because professional plumbers have the education and experience, they can fix plumbing problems more quickly than the average homeowner, which means you get your life back to normal quicker.
- Safety: When you hire a professional plumber for drain cleaning, you can rest easy knowing they won’t damage pipes or fixtures. When you try fixing something yourself, and it goes wrong, you’re on the hook for the original repair and anything additional that’s broken.
If you have a clogged or slow drain, trust the experts at Canyon Plumbing & Heating to fix it quickly and safely.
Causes of Drain Clogs
When pipes and drains clog, it causes water to redirect, which could mean backups, flooding, slow drainage, and low water pressure. Knowing what causes drains to clog will help you prevent them and save you money on costly repairs. Here are the most common causes of clogged drains.
- Tree Roots: Tree roots are the number one cause of clogs in water and sewer mains. Tree roots seek water sources, and if there are cracks or leaks in the pipe, the root burrows in and grows, creating a clog.
- Flushable Wipes: Although many companies market personal wipes as ‘flushable,’ the fact is that nearly all of them cause significant damage to wastewater systems. In fact, a report released in 2015 stated that the City of New York had to spend over 18 million dollars over five years to clean up the clogged wastewater system because of these wipes. If you use personal wipes, put them into the trash instead of flushing them.
- Fat, Oil & Grease: Kitchen sink clogs are mostly caused because people pour grease, oil, and cooking fat down the drain. These substances harden as they cool and create sticky globs that clog pipes. As with personal wipes, pour these materials into the trash or onto a compost pile instead of down the drain.
- Hair: In the bathroom, hair is the primary culprit for clogging pipes. The best way to prevent hair from going down the shower drain is to use a mesh screen.
- Food: Put food waste into the trash or consider a garbage disposal installation to keep your pipes and drains free-flowing.
When you have a stubborn clog, don’t take chances — call the experts at Canyon Plumbing & Heating.
If you’re not getting the hot water you need, contact us and ask about our tankless water heater installation options.
Signs You Need Sewer Drain Service
As with many home plumbing problems, the sooner you notice that you have trouble with your sewer drain, the quicker you can fix it and reduce the damage it causes. Here are common signs that signal you need sewer drain repair.
- Inconsistent Toilet Water Levels: If your toilets are full one day and nearly empty the next, it means there’s a problem such as a backup in your sewer system.
- Animal Attraction: Are there more rodents and other pests making their home in your yard? If so, it could be that there’s a break in your sewer line.
- Foul Odors: If you smell raw sewage in your yard or your home, call a plumber right away.
- Soggy Yard: If you have pools of water in the yard or overly lush patches, it signals there’s a leak in your sewer line.
- Slow Drains: Multiple slow drains throughout the house points to a problem deeper in the system.
Q: What is the best drain cleaning method?
A: The best drain cleaning method depends on the specific issue. For common clogs, snaking and hydro-jetting are effective. Snaking uses a cable with a cutting head to clear blockages, while hydro-jetting uses high-pressure water to flush out debris. To determine the ideal method, contact us for a professional assessment tailored to your plumbing needs.
Q: How often should drain pipes be cleaned?
A: The frequency of drain pipe cleaning varies depending on usage. Generally, it's recommended to schedule professional drain cleaning every 1-2 years for preventive maintenance. However, for households with heavy usage or frequent clogs, more frequent cleaning may be necessary. To determine the ideal maintenance schedule for your specific situation, contact us for a personalized assessment.
Q: What are the signs of clogged drains?
A: Clogged drains exhibit various signs, including slow drainage, gurgling noises, unpleasant odors, and water backups in sinks or tubs. If you notice any of these symptoms, it's essential to address the issue promptly to prevent further damage. We offer professional drain cleaning services to efficiently resolve clogs and restore proper drainage in your plumbing system.
Q: How do you prevent clogged drains?
A: Preventing clogged drains involves adopting good practices. Avoid disposing of grease, hair, and food scraps down the drain. Use drain screens to catch debris, and regularly clean them. Flush drains with hot water periodically. For a more comprehensive approach, consider professional drain maintenance from Canyon Plumbing & Heating to keep your plumbing system in top condition and minimize the risk of clogs.
Q: What are some of the benefits of drain cleaning?
A: Regular drain cleaning offers several benefits. It helps maintain proper drainage, reducing the risk of clogs and backups. It improves the overall hygiene and sanitation of your plumbing system, eliminating foul odors. Additionally, it can extend the lifespan of your pipes and prevent costly repairs. For professional drain cleaning services and these advantages, contact Canyon Plumbing & Heating.
Q: How does drain cleaning work?
A: Drain cleaning typically involves two main methods: snaking and hydro-jetting. Snaking uses a flexible cable with a cutting head to dislodge and remove blockages by physically breaking them apart. Hydro-jetting employs high-pressure water to flush out debris, effectively clearing the pipes. Both methods are efficient in restoring proper drainage and preventing clogs. For professional drain cleaning, contact Canyon Plumbing & Heating.
Q: Are there eco-friendly drain cleaning options?
A: Yes, there are eco-friendly drain cleaning options available. One such method is using bio-enzymatic drain cleaners, which use natural enzymes to break down organic matter in the pipes, reducing the need for harsh chemicals. Additionally, hydro-jetting can be considered environmentally friendly as it primarily uses water pressure. Canyon Plumbing & Heating can provide eco-conscious drain cleaning solutions to protect both your plumbing and the environment.
Q: When should you call professional cleaners?
A: Calling professional cleaners is advisable when you encounter persistent or severe drain issues, such as repeated clogs, slow drainage, or foul odors. Additionally, if DIY methods fail to resolve the problem, or if you have an older plumbing system in need of maintenance, it's best to contact us. Our expertise ensures thorough and effective drain cleaning, preventing further damage to your pipes.