Many older Boulder homes and buildings still rely on boiler heating systems to keep everyone warm. Although boiler heating systems are relatively simple machines that last a long time, they require routine maintenance like anything else. At Canyon Plumbing & Heating, we’ve been a trusted boiler service company for many years in the Boulder area. Contact us today if you need boiler repair or maintenance!
Regardless of the method you use to heat your home, our heating services can fix all of your heating problems.
Annual Boiler Maintenance for Best Boiler Performance
Just like changing your car’s oil every 3,000 miles to protect the engine, so too should you maintain all of your heating equipment to keep it running smoothly, and that includes your boiler heating system. Performing monthly water checks and annual maintenance guards against malfunctions and failures that can lead to expensive repairs.
Here are a few tips to keep your boiler in tip-top shape.
- Replace Worn Out Parts: Inspect the parts that undergo wear and tear, such as gaskets, to ensure they’re not worn out, and replace them if they are.
- Remover Burner & Clean the Mesh: Keeping the mesh clean is crucial to the smooth operation of the boiler, so clean it even if it doesn’t appear to need it.
- Inspect the Fireside of the Heat Exchanger: Once a year, inspect the fire side of the heat exchanger and clean if needed.
- Replace Old Igniter, Flame Rod, & Gaskets: Gaskets should be replaced every year to guard against boiler failure.
- Clean the Condensate Trap: The condensate produced by natural gas boilers is corrosive, which is why the trap must be cleaned at least once a year and checked for leaks.
Signs That Your Boiler Is About to Fail
Here in Boulder, having reliable heat is essential for keeping families comfortable during the winter months. Since it can be a disaster for a boiler to fail when you need it most, here are the most common signs that something is wrong and that you need to call a boiler repair service.
- The thermostat requires constant adjustment.
- You notice a spike in your heating bill.
- The boiler makes loud or unusual noises.
- Your boiler is old and requires frequent repairs to keep it running.
- The gas burner produces a yellow flame.
- Your boiler is leaking water, hydronic fluid, or oil.
If you notice any of the above signs, it’s crucial that you call Canyon Plumbing & Heating for inspection and repair as soon as possible. Ignoring these issues won’t make them go away and may cost you more to repair the longer you wait.
Radiant heating may be an option for your home. Call us to find out more information!
Canyon Plumbing & Heating has been serving the Boulder County area for over 20 years. Our core values or that of ownership, integrity, and respect. We take great pride in providing the highest quality of work at a fair and honest price.